Digital Inclusion – What it is and how it can be improved
With so many people working from home or working remotely it’s never been as important to embrace digital learning and digital technology. It’s imperative for all organisations to have an online presence, without one you are invisible.
INDEED will help Entrepreneurship Educators to embrace inclusive digital pedagogy and tools in their training and mentoring.
As information and communications technology (ICT) continues to dominate almost all careers, the need for digital literacy has become more urgent in all aspects of life. Digital Inclusion is hugely important, the Internet has become the backbone of society and has provided all sectors with the ability to grow careers and businesses.
What do we mean by Digital Inclusion?
Digital inclusion is the ability of individuals and groups to access and use information and communication technologies. There could be barriers due to lack of Internet access, lack of IT equipment, lack of training, etc.
Digital Inclusion can be increased by providing:
- Public access computers.
- Free Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Remote Working Hubs.
- Extending broadband service into rural areas lacking reasonable cost high speed broadband.
- Digital literacy and other technology training in trusted locations, for example; libraries, community centre, colleges, training centres.
- Training that focuses on project based learning.
- Youth digital media projects guiding young people toward professional technology use and civic engagement.
- Technology training and guidance for small businesses.
- Accessibility technology and strategies for persons with disabilities.
- Awareness campaigns highlighting the relevancy of broadband for target populations.
- Technology fairs focused on community members sharing and teaching each other.
- Civic engagement training that teaches community members how to engage online with government.
If you found this article interesting you might like to take a look at the other articles on our https://indeedforyou.eu/news/